Was called for an interview on tuesday.
Got surprised when I got to know that it was for the ICU, i thought i was going for a general medical ward interview as i put it as my first choice.
Anyway, shall wait for any news be it a good one or bad one. Not holding any high hopes that I'll be chosen, right now will just try to be emotionally neutral. Learn it the hard way that the higher hopes i held, the bigger the disappointment. Med will be my stepping stone. Eventually, i'll like to go in critical care or emergency - it thrills me.
On the other hand, the ICU sister who's my interviewer and a nice lady, said that she can see my potential in icu. She's not the first one to said that and i've no idea why. Not trying to boast or anything, but at this point of time - newbies to the career, i can't see myself working in the icu settings. If i really given the chance, no doubt i'll try my best to take up the challenge. But right now, everything remained pH 7 - neutral. Probably this is why I didn't tell mum when i first called up for interview and subsequently after the interview. Coz i don't want to disappoint her.
It'll be a big leap start to my career if got recruited to icu. That's wht i think.
Talking bout career, in less than 6 mths, i'll be in the work force. The thought of it frightens me.
It's very much the area of unknown. A place that i've never been there before. Trying very hard to be emotionally prepared for all this shit to happen. What can I do? *shrugs* It just came too soon.
All these years, it's like walking in a tunnel. Every step is motivated by the bright light ahead that signifies the opening. Now that I am only one step away from the opening, a door to many possibilities, I'm hesitating. Time permits no hesitation. When it's time, be it u r prepared or not, there'll be a force to push u out of the tunnel. Outside, it's heaven and hell at the same time.
How am i going to survive? and What does the future holds?
I don't know.
Saturday, January 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
sigh~ you're not alone
-hugs-
Post a Comment