Monday, November 06, 2006

2 Decades in this world...

20 yrs into this world and I has a story to tell, a story that I think I should embrace the moral from today onwards..

There was once an angel. She likes to help ppl, to make their life more satistfied. She'll do everything she can in order to help all these ppl to lead a happy life. So, one day she came across a poet. A successful, rich, handsome poet who have a beautiful, perfect wife. The poet ask for blessings from the angel coz he is not happy with his already perfect life. But angel granted him nothing, instead took away his everything. One month later, the angel visited the poet and guess what? The poet is now leading a pathetic, miserable life. In the end, angel gave him back his everything and he is contented, satisfied and live happily ever after.

Many a times, we taken for granted what we have in our life. Happiness is always equivalent to the materials we own, the more the merrier and hence the neverending attempt to pursue more and more. But in the end when you have it all, do you really feel happy? To define "have it all" in the first place is a difficult task, coz I bet rarely do we have the moment of "have it all". Always there is something on the wishlist waiting to be stricken off, always there is a thing that must be buy. Happiness is not just a mere "what we have" in life but rather it's what we don't have. Be happy coz u dun have a chronic illness that loom over your head everyday. Be happy coz u r not living in a nerve-wrecking war country. Be happy coz u dun have to live on the street.
"I don't have to live on the street" versus "I am living in a high rise apartment". It's different, major difference.

Happy 20th Birthday, Mel!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday lah gummy bear. I was going to call, but too tired and frustrated.

have a fantastic year ahead and i will see you in one month.

:D

Anonymous said...

yeah.. hopefully i will have a fantastic year ahead.. u too~
see u in one mth time

Anonymous said...

is there anything special you want from USA? say... a coach bag? it's cheaper here. let me know.

IT"S A GIFT FROM YOUR BIG SISTER.

Anonymous said...

wht's a coach bag?
oh.. anything that u can't get here.. hehehe